Justflow Electrical’s “How to” on Ceiling fan installations
A 2021 guide to installation and savings benefits to your home or rental property
The simple answer is NO you will need an electrician and here’s a few reasons why
- Installing a ceiling fan involves working with live cables, DO NOT RISK YOUR SAFETY for a small fee
- Most manufacturers will void a warranty if it is not installed by a licensed professional
- Most new ceiling fans may need two way switching and running of added electrical cable for connection
- Connections are not as straight forward as they may seem, the older the home the harder the job becomes
- Reputable Electricians like Justflow Electrical provide labour warranty with the manufacturer warranty
Will installing a ceiling fan save me money?
Yes, ceiling fans use much less energy than a ducted air conditioning or split system air conditioning unit.
The savings are phenomenal and with todays whisper quiet fans the added benefit is that they can be nearly as quiet as the Ducted and Split system AC units